Equifax, one of the three major consumer reporting agencies, recently announced a breach impacting an estimated 143 million U.S. consumers. The information accessed includes names, Social Security numbers, birth dates, addresses and, in some cases drivers’ license numbers. Credit card numbers for approximately 209,000 U.S. consumers were also accessed. Fraudsters could use the stolen data for years to come to open fraudulent accounts and obtain loans.
Keep Yourself and Your Family Safe from Fraud and Loss with BFCU’s Secure Checking. Sign up and activate your benefits today!
• Identity Fraud Expense Reimbursement Coverage
• Comprehensive Identity Theft Resolution Services
• Debit and Credit Card Registration
• 3-in-1 Credit File Monitoring
• 3-in-1 Credit Report
• Total Identity Monitoring